Now that the final countdown has started for Cataclysm, as the earthquakes become more frequent, and the elementals start popping up everywhere, my thoughts have turned to professions. I’d been wondering how Inscription would fare, given that they’ve changed our glyph usage so that it’s buy once and know it forever, which will long-term reduce that facet of the viability of inscription as a money-making profession.
Thanks to the good folks over at WoWHead, I’ve gotten my question answered: we’ll be making toys and the key component to one of the new buff foods. Some nice relics for ourselves, and shoulder enchants that are better than the rep enchants as well. But so far, no sure-fire best selling items, unless it turns out we are the primary source for level 85 offhands for the first few months of the expansion.
- Origami Slime. Use: Release several inky oozes. (10 Sec Cooldown). This BoP technique drops off Spiketooth Eels or Gilblin Scavengers.
- Origami Rock. Use: Creates a rock. (30 Sec Cooldown). This BoP technique drops off Greater Quicksilver Oozes and Emerald Colossus in Deepholm.
- Origami Beetle. Use: Release a small swarm of beetles. (15 Sec Cooldown). No source information yet for the BoP technique.
Mysterious Fortune Cards
Now, these items are interesting. When you make a Mysterious Fortune Card, you can not be sure of exactly what you will end up with. No, it's not another Darkmoon Card redux. That's further down this page. Instead, you end up with a Fortune Card. Most of the time, you get the white item that provides a fortune but also acts as the primary material for creating a Fortune Cookie, a buff food that provides you with 96k health and mana, and a 90 stamina/90 other useful stat buff for an hour. But there is also a chance to create an uncommon card that vendors for 20g, a rare card that vendors for 50g, or, drum roll please: one of two epic quality cards that vendor for 1,000 G or 5,000 G. Now that's what I call fortunate!
- Book of Blood. Rare quality, level 81 spellcaster off-hand item.
- Lord Rottington's Pressed Wisp Book. Another rare quality level 81 spellcaster offhand, but with spirit.
- Battle Tome. Rare quality level 85 PvP spellcaster offhand.
- Dungeoneering Guide. Rare quality level 85 DPS spellcaster offhand.
- Divine Companion. Rare quality level 85 spellcaster offhand, with spirit.
- Etched Horn. Rare quality level 81 melee DPS relic.
- Manual of the Planes. Rare quality level 81 spellcaster DPS relic.
- Runed Dragonscale. Rare quality level 81 melee DPS relic.
- Silver Inlaid Leaf. Rare quality level 85 melee DPS relic.
- Notched Jawbone. Rare quality level 85 melee DPS/tanking relic.
- Tattooed Eyeball. Rare qualitylevel 85 spellcaster relic.
- Felfire Inscription. Intellect and haste shoulder enchant.
- Inscription of the Earth Prince. Stamina and dodge shoulder enchant.
- Lionsmane Inscription. Strength and critical strike shoulder enchant.
- Swiftsteel Inscription. Agility and mastery rating shoulder enchant.
- Scroll of Intellect IX
- Scroll of Protection IX
- Scroll of Spirit IX
- Scroll of Stamina IX
- Scroll of Strength IX
- Scroll of Agility IX
- Runescroll of Fortitude II
- Adventurer's Journal. Requires level 75. Grants those under 85 XP, and max level users a random buff.
- Dust of Disappearance. Glyph de-equipper for level 81+ characters.
- Forged Documents (horde) (alliance). This item begins a quest that you turn in either at Stormwind or Orgrimmar, rewarding you with a bulging sack of gold.
- Darkmoon Card of Destruction. Creates a random new Darkmoon Card, full sets of which can be compiled as decks and turned in for:
- Darkmoon Card: Hurricane (melee DPS)
- Darkmoon Card: Tsunami (healing)
- Darkmoon Card: Earthquake (tanking)
- Darkmoon Card: Volcano (spellcaster DPS)