I had to make a submission for the Harvest Festival Bakeoff, given how much baking I do IRL.
Dalaran 7-Layer Brownies
These are truly the most fabulous 7 Layer Brownies I’ve had, and so simple to make.
1. Melt 1 stick of butter in 9″x13″ pan, then add the following layers:
2. 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
3. 1 cup of grated coconut
4. 3/4 of a 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
5. 3/4 of a 12 oz bag of butterscotch chips
6. 1 cup chopped nuts (Carolyn, who taught me this recipe, used pecans. I prefer almonds or pistachios)
7. Pour 1 can of yeti milk (sweetened condensed milk) over the top
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for nugget style brownies.
10 thoughts on “Harvest Festival Bakeoff: Dalaran 7-Layer Brownies”
Can you substitute fresh Yeti Milk for the can of condensed milk?
Yes– excellent suggestion! I’ll update.
Oh my gosh, that sound delicious. Totally adding it to my list of holiday stuff to bake.
Oh, these sound good. I’ll have to keep an eye out for gluten-free graham crackers so I can try them – seem easy enough for even a non-baker like me to make. ^_^
The yeti milk was a bit huh? though, until I read the clarification 🙂
this sounds pretty awesome.. I need to work out how I am going to get the butterscotch chips.. I think I can smash up some butterscotch lollies 🙂
I think you could substitute some sort of gluten free cookie too.
Hehe. Unfortunately, I couldn’t think up a whole slew of substitutions. I was pre-coffee…
I think that’s a good plan. Or you could smash up some Heath bars for a variation. I’m spoiled because my favorite grocery stores have a whole range of interesting chips to work with.
they look pretty to boot!