Have you been eagerly lapping up the revised 4.0.6 patch notes as they are released by the devs? I know I have. Here are the five that I’m most excited about so far:
- WHAT: The guild reward Armadillo Pup now requires revered faction instead of exalted.
WHY I CARE: I have a pet collector with 100+ pets horde-side and Alliance-side. They both want this pet, and having to wait until I slowly and painfully leveled them each to exalted (slowed by the fact that I also have alts to play and level) would have been torture.
- WHAT: The night elf racial trait Shadowmeld can now be used while shapeshifted.
WHY I CARE: It’s rare that I am standing around in night elf form when I need to stop drop and roll off some aggro and hide.
- WHAT: Mount Up: This guild perk now applies to Flight Form and Swift Flight Form as well.
WHY I CARE: I don’t fly around on mounts on my druids b/c it’s a lot prettier and more efficient for skinning to be in flight form.
- WHAT: Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear’s damage has been increased by roughly 15%.
WHY I CARE: In its current state I rarely bother to use mind sear, my formerly most beloved spell. Its damage is too wimpy and it doesn’t damage the target I am channeling it on. Thank you Blizz for realizing this spell was over-nerfed, and giving us back an AOE.
- WHAT: The number of herbs required to create flasks has been reduced, while the Volatile Life needed has been increased slightly.
WHY I CARE: I like to be prepared when I go to raids. And it sucks to blow a flask that takes @250g worth of mats for 30 minutes of attempts in the final countdown of a raid. this will make it a little less painful.
What change has gotten you the most excited?
One thought on “Friday Five: The Five Patch Changes to Which I am Most Looking Forward”
There are quite a few changes I like in this expansion…
I really enjoy how Blizzard has included raid like tactics within some of the quests. Move out of away from that, casts this, etc. 😉
I enjoy the guild xp, and the boosts for leveling alts. My Horde guild is level 12, and one of our newer members is already level 39. She joined this past weekend.
Let’s see… naturally I enjoy traveling in the old world. To be honest, I haven’t taken advantage of that as much as I’d like. I enjoy gaining xp from mining and gathering herbs. I wish leveling fishing at max level wasn’t so much of a grind. I’m currently leveling that up on Pouncealot. When she was on Bronzebeard, I didn’t see the need to do that since Holiterra was maxed out in fishing/cooking.