At the end of a busy week, it’s easy to veg out at the computer playing baby alts or farming for pets. All worthwhile pursuits, mind you. But you could also just as easily take that chill out time and use it for the common good. Here are some ideas for ways to give back to your guild that can keep on giving:
- Make a list of all the rare patterns you have, including links out to the materials required for crafting them, and post it on your guild forums.
- Clean out the excess fish/meat from your bank and use up some of the Dalaran Spices you’ve been hoarding and donate the resulting feasts and specialty foods to the guild bank.
- Drop your raid leader or GM a note to let them know you appreciate their time and efforts. You would be surprised how infrequently they receive a thank you rather than a wall of whining in their mailbox.
- Put your crafting professions to use and add some items to the guild bank: craft netherweave bags, gems, less expensive but still viable enchants, glyphs, or whatever common item you can make that folks need on an ongoing basis.
- Take some alts on a run through a lowbie instance. Leveling sucks! Be an alt’s hero for the day by taking 15 minutes to run them through SFK/VC (or going on a regular Northrend dungeon run for that matter). This good karma may even come back to you some day.
What are some other ways you’ve given back to your guild?