- If a mob does a knockback, keep your back to a wall.
- If you forgot a mob does a knockback and you ass pull another group of mobs, let everyone know on vent immediately. Most importantly, don’t keep quiet about it, and don’t keep ass pulling.
- Don’t stand in the red/green crap on the ground. If you can’t see the crap on the ground, turn up your spell detail settings.
- If you lag too much to do your job when your settings are high enough to show you the crap on the ground, consider not signing up for 25-mans until you can optimize your computer to do so. First try turning off add-ons or background applications while you raid (including the wireless connection on your XBox.)
- When a role or raid leader says everyone needs to focus on target X, this means you. I don’t care who you think you are, mister hot shot DPS. You do realize recount shows us when you don’t change to the Beasts o Saurfang, right? Or when you spent all your time DPSing Lady Deathwhisper? And when the raid that always 1-shots a boss wipes due to adds staying up too long thanks to a couple DPS who felt like they were too good to switch targets, folks will know why. Don’t make me pull my THIS MEANS YOU %t macro back out….
BONUS: No one wants to hear that you wiped the raid because you didn’t see the 20-ft tall mob standing behind you. If you have spatial awareness issues, and this happens for you on a recurring basis, try putting your camera settings to max range to make it easier for you to survey your playing field and find yourself a safe spot:
/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4
Today’s screenshot is courtesy of our Saurfang buddy system. Last night I was Amber’s Dark side, and she was my light. And we both had sleepy tree pets…
6 thoughts on “Friday Five: 5 Raiding Lessons to Remember in ICC”
That picture is priceless. And several of us who were on last nights raid had a good discussion in guild/party chat about what had happened.
Check this out Anexxia, http://www.worldofmatticus.com/2009/06/09/friends-and-raiders-raider-accountability.
An article written last year about this very same issue.
Basically if people can get away after doing crap, they will, unless there are consequences.
aye — it’s one of my favorite recurring topics as well.
Personal accountability is a must.
It was nice having a good twin! And with a matching pet even!
I am hopeful we come to a good place on the current issues that are up-in-the-air with the raiding.
Even with the lowest setting, you (not specifically you, but y’know.. the audience) could see colorful craps on the ground, only they’re faint and not as fat as high settings. So graphic setting isn’t really an excuse. If they have to decrease the graphic setting – increase the focus and awareness. That’s it XD.
And LOL @ mister hot shot DPS. I’m so going to use that XD
Sleepy tree pet is the cutest, btw.
Agreed RE: settings. Before I got my new Desktop this time last year, I’d played on a laptop and a wireless connection for 3 years, and still not been one to stand in things that kill you. I think a lot of folks are low o the awareness meters. I can’t think of a good quest for them to go do to practice spatial awareness, but wish there was a place other than in our raids for them to work on that.
Sleepy tree is one of my favorite pets, if not the favorite.